NOTL Hydro distributes power to 10,000 customers in the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. We are committed to operating as a sustainable high-performance, customer-driven business and to providing the highest standard in safety, service and reliability. The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is the 100% shareholder of the corporation.
WE HAVE 1 CURRENT JOB POSTINGS. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESUMES FOR POSITIONS NOT POSTED.
Current posting ending on Sept 30, 2021. Extendable in 4-month increments.
Under the direction of the Line Superintendent, the Underground Locator Co-Op provides locates for underground electrical plant owned by NOTL Hydro, Town-owned street lights and underground municipal sewer and water infrastructure within the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Locators are to adhere to specific guidelines established by the utility owners and standards set about using best practices in compliance with the Ontario Underground Infrastructure Notification Systems Act, 2012.
Locating utility infrastructure for customers and contractors as required utilizing approved techniques. Prepare clear and accurate documentation and or sketches related to all requests as required. Analyze data and records to determine the actual in-field location of lines for requested utilities. Mark with paint and/or flags to confirm existence of underground plant.
Respond promptly to locate requests. Deal directly with requests to assist with resolving comments and complaints. Maintain records of requested comments and interactions.
Must be capable of working alone and in a mobile work setting, including use of laptop, paper records, locate detection devices and communication equipment.
Education, Training and Personal Attributes:
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma – Minimum of Grade 12
- Post-secondary education in a related field with preference to power, electronic, Civil or GIS Technology college program.
- Willingness and ability to participate in underground plant locating training, on the job and offsite as required.
- Valid Class G Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Ability to read and interpret utility systems construction drawings and supporting documents. Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS on line is an asset.
- Must have a good safety record and have demonstrated safe working habits and mechanical aptitude
- Working Safely is a condition of employment; must have a high regard for personal and public safety
- Knowledgeable or willing and able to become so through corporate training, of IHSA (Formerly E&USA) Safety Rules, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Reg. 22/04, Highway Traffic Act, WHMIS, CPR, First Aid and all other applicable legislation
- Proven ability to work effectively and safely in a team setting and follow instructions by management and peers
- Must have good communication skills both orally and written, including ability to maintain good logs and other records
- Good knowledge of computer applications
- Good interpersonal skills especially dealing with customers
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No end date to posting is shown as posting will close when sufficient number of qualified applications are received.