NOTL Hydro distributes power to 10,000 customers in the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. We are committed to operating as a sustainable high-performance, customer-driven business and to providing the highest standard in safety, service and reliability. The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is the 100% shareholder of the corporation.
WE HAVE 0 CURRENT JOB POSTINGS – Due to overwhelming response we are no longer accepting applications. This description will be left until the position is filled.
Customer Service Clerk – 18-Month Contract
DURATION: Contract Position for the Period: February 2020 to July 2021
REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate Services
POSTING DATE: December 23, 2019
Niagara-on-the-Lake Hydro Inc. is a trusted partner for our customers. We continuously seek to provide low cost energy delivery, high reliability and high power quality and perform our mission while maintaining the following values:
- No compromise on health and safety
- Operate with integrity in all our dealings
- Anticipate and meet the needs of our customers
- Build value for our shareholder
- Develop and maintain a strong team of employees
- Be financially prudent
- Respect the environment
The successful candidate will be a part of our customer service team. A Customer Service Clerk will work with customers handling general/billing inquires for electric, water and sewer services, update records in the customer information system, balance daily cash, and prepare bank deposits. The candidate will be provided with training. Estimated 18-month contract position to cover maternity leave.
- Customer Interaction: Respond to customer inquiries by phone, front counter and electronic inbox by: reviewing accounts; making or granting extensions on payment arrangements; accepting and processing payments; directing incoming calls; handling trouble calls; discussing billing and working through problems or discrepancies; all while using the tools provided to guide customers towards the programs and opportunities that are offered to help reduce bill costs.
- Payment Processing: Enter and balance daily cash and prepare the bank deposit. Payment methods include, cash, cheque, interact, Pre-Authorized Payment, Telebank Files, VISA and Mastercard. Daily processing can also include handling returned bank payments and contacting the customer.
- Customer Information System (CIS) Maintenance: Daily entries into the CIS include: customer information updates; logging calls on accounts; returned payment processing; entering contracts and customer move information; electronic document filing; preparing customer letters; posting various journal types to adjust customer accounts; and daily trouble shooting using various software systems which are integrated together.
- Service Order Processing: Scheduling and processing service orders relating to the following: water billing issues or transmitters not reporting; electric meters not reporting; meter changes; taking incoming phone calls from electricians to schedule service work; processing ESA authorizations; and new connections. Service order processing also can include arranging disconnection and reconnections for non-payment and other various types of power restorations.
- Billing Preparation:
Assist in billing preparation by working through service orders and obtaining meter readings as required.
- Monthly Reporting:
Monthly and daily reports are required for various departments. They can include reporting on financials, billing, month end and collection activity.
- Other Duties as Assigned:
Working with other departments and assisting where required.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge:
Skill in operating a computer and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office platform, including Excel, Word and Office 365. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. The ability work well with others and adapt to changing environments. The ability to multi-task, and must be well organized and detail oriented. The ability to learn the utilities policies and procedures, Town by-laws and utility regulated procedures.
- Must have a minimum high school diploma.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite