NOTL Hydro distributes power to 10,000 customers in the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. We are committed to operating as a sustainable high-performance, customer-driven business and to providing the highest standard in safety, service and reliability. The Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake is the 100% shareholder of the corporation.
WE HAVE 0 CURRENT JOB POSTINGS. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESUMES FOR POSITIONS NOT POSTED. THE POSTING BELOW IS FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES.
REPORTING TO – President
DATE – November 2020. NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Hydro (NOTL Hydro) has an opening for a Vice-President Operations. A member of the Executive Team, the successful candidate will help shape the operations of NOTL Hydro and its electrical infrastructure for years to come.
This role is directly responsible for managing a team of nine including line operations, technical support, health and safety and locates. Key responsibilities include maintaining a health and safety culture at the highest level, managing the system supervision including the SCADA system, managing operational relationships including the Town of NOTL, Hydro One, other utilities and service providers, managing large capital projects, managing reporting staff for continual engagement and development and assessing the electricity infrastructure for ongoing investments and enhancements.
As a member of the Executive Team, this role will have input into all aspects of managing NOTL Hydro and will report regularly to the Board of Directors.
Experience and education sought in a successful candidate include:
- Professional Engineer
- Experience working for an electricity distributor.
- Strong safety aptitude including knowledge of IHSA (Formerly E&USA) Safety Rules, Occupational Health & Safety Act, ESA Ontario Reg. 22/04, Highway Traffic Act, WHMIS, CPR, First Aid and all other applicable legislation
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting and provide leadership.
- Good interpersonal skills including oral and written communication. Must be able to deal with customers with both empathy and tact.
- Management and labour relation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage department operating budgets and enterprise capital budgets.
We offer an excellent work environment, competitive wage and benefit packages, a pension plan and an opportunity to be part of the community. Compensation, salary plus annual bonus, will be based on experience and within the range for a utility of NOTL Hydro’s size.
We thank you in advance for applying but only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted further.
NOTL Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.