We are conducting a survey on Electrical Safety Awareness in our service region(s). You may receive a telephone call from a third-party company, Advanis, who is doing interviews on our behalf.
You will not be asked any personal questions that will identify you.
If you’re ever in a situation where you think a call is a phone scam, here are some tips:
- Don’t be pressured into making fast decisions.
- Take time to research the organization.
- Check them out on bbb.org, search online, etc.
- Never provide your personal information (address, date-of-birth, banking information, ID numbers) to people you do not know.
- Don’t click on links from unsolicited email or text messages.
- If you are unsure about a call or email that claims to be from your bank, utility company, etc., call the business directly using the number on your bill or credit card.
- Never send money by wire transfer or prepaid debit card to someone you don’t know or haven’t met in person.
- Never send money for an emergency situation unless you can verify the emergency.