Provincial Temporary Electricity Rate Reduction
The Government of Ontario is providing temporary 45-day emergency relief to support Ontarians impacted by the global COVID-19 outbreak. As of Tuesday, March 24, 2020, households, farms and small businesses who pay time-of-use electricity rates will be charged off-peak rates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The current off-peak rate is 10.1 cents per kWh so this will replace the mid-peak rate of 14.4 cents per kWh and the on-peak rate of 20.8 cents per kWh. NOTL Hydro customers will see this rate reduction on their next bills which will be mailed later in April. For more information or to answer any questions, such as to see if this rate reduction applies to you, please call NOTL Hydro at 905-468-4235.
Local Changes at Niagara-on-the-Lake Hydro.
As an essential service, Niagara-on-the-Lake Hydro (NOTL Hydro) is committed to staying open during the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping the electricity flowing. Safety and keeping you connected remain our priorities. However, during this pandemic, our service levels are being reduced in the following manner:
- Our outdoor service personnel are at a 50% level due to changes made to limit the risks of infection.
- No non-emergency services are guaranteed at this time. With the reduced staffing the focus will be on services required for safety reasons or to provide customers with access to electricity.
- The office is closed to all visitors.
- NOTL Hydro customer service staff can still be reached by phone at 905-468-4235 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly Hydro Bills
NOTL Hydro will still be issuing its bills monthly in the normal fashion.
- You can continue to pay your bills online, at your local financial institution or by dropping a cheque or cash in our drop box at the office. Envelopes are available in the mailbox by the door. No payments can be accepted by hand and no change can be provided.
- No interest or late payment charges will be added to the bills that will be mailed in the third week of April.
- All our rates are set by Provincial authorities and we are not allowed to change them without permission. Rates will be changed if that direction is received.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please call our office at 905-468-4235. There are financial assistance programs we may be able to direct you to and payment deferral arrangement may be made. NOTL Hydro is unable to write-down or write-off any balances owing.